For a number of reasons (Boy’s work schedule/lack of friend availability/weather/sheer laziness), Boy and I have been living a bit of an insular/hibernation lifestyle recently. We’ve tended to stick close to home and the times that we have gone farther afield, it’s generally been just the two of us.
Anyway, this weekend, we finally decided to venture out into the world and somehow, in addition to accomplishing a bunch of stuff, we ended up meeting up with almost everyone we know downtown and having a lot of fun.
Things we did this weekend:
1. Bought new clothes and chatted with a salesgirl who knew one of our friends (and sounded eerily like America Ferrera).
2. Met up with Sally.
3. Went over to our fashion designer friend Betsey’s to talk about Sally’s wedding dress and my bridesmaid dress (Boy and I are in Sally and Jack’s wedding party).
4. Went to Boy’s friend Augusto’s birthday party where we played a bunch of classic Nintendo games (including Duck Hunt) and watched people jam out to Wii Guitar Hero.
5. Talked to Boy’s friend Bruce about job leads. (He helped me score an interview at a big book conglomerate previously and said there might be more hiring going on soon.)
6. Had a geeky movie chat with Boy’s friend Robert about the upcoming Watchmen flick and the fact that he works on Ted Nugent’s website.
7. Played more of Knights of the Old Republic (okay this was in the house, but it’s working towards something that is on my list so I’m including it for posterity).
8. Met up with my old high school friend Courtney at a new restaurant (Nirvana on College) and caught up after eight months.
I’ve got to say, as much as I do enjoy a lazy weekend or two cooped up inside the aparment, getting back out into the world totally helped to revitalize us and we’ve even been talking about through a party of our own in the not too distant future.
It’s amazing what a little socialization can do, eh?