This is a relatively new blog, but I’ve got some cool readers and two of them (Silver Pencils and Something Weddings) were sweet enough to give me this little award and tag me in a blogging game. So, since I am no good at turning down a dare, here is my little bloggy response . . .
Rules of the tag: List 5 Obsessions/Addictions that you have, and tag back to the person(s) that gave you the award. Post the rules and tag an additional 5 people.
1. I am obsessed with good kosher pickles. I don’t know what it is, but if I go to a restaurant and order a sandwich that comes with a kosher pickle on the side and it’s the bloated salty kind and not the sharp tangy kind I like, I feel really disappointed.
2. I really love graphic novels. I’m not one of those people who has been reading since birth or anything, but I got interested a few years ago and Y:The Last Man was my first real series. Like three days before my wedding, the final softcover of it came out and even though I was supposed to be headed back to the apartment to be picked up by my soon to be husband and whisked off to a lovely wedding wonderland, I half thought about calling him and taking the train so that I could swing by the comic store first. As it was, the day after we got back from the honeymoon, I made us go to three different bookstores to get it.
3. I need Starbucks Venti Chai Lattes on a regular basis or I will fall down and die.
4. I am really obsessed with the movie Say Anything. I used to watch it practically every year on John Cusack’s birthday (which now happens to be my anniversary) and quote along with it as it played. “I don’t want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don’t want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don’t want to do that.”
5. I love journals and I own a bunch, but I have the worst printing in the world so I hate writing in them and messing up their pages.
I don’t really care if any of these people respond, but since I’m supposed to tag people, I tag the blogs of these five smart and lovely ladies: