I want to get back into blogging this morning, but I am feeling still kind of tired from the weekend, so I’m posting some random survey thing (I know, I know) in the meantime just so there’s some new content.
I’m off to get caffeine now . . . blegh, Mondays!
1. I have actually undergone plastic surgery (the reconstruction of my left hand).
2. I named my computer Arthur Putey for Monty Python related reasons.
3. I was once stabbed a tree on Friday the 13th.
4. Before meeting Boy at 21, I dated 12 people and had two serious relationships.
5. When I met Boy, I was the one who made the first move.
6. I am such a geek that, back when I was in school, I won two read-a-thons and a trivia contest.
7. I tried to be a vegetarian for a while, but gave up when I missed bacon too much. (Sorry pigs! You’re too yummy!)
8. I have moved 10 different times and gone to five different schools.
9. Growing up, I wanted to be a vet, but those plans were dashed when I had no aptitude for science. (Plus I think the puppy death would have been a little too much for me.)
10. I should actually be the oldest of four kids, but somehow ended up the only child of an Irish Catholic. Go figure. 😛
11. I learned about the birds and the bees when I was four years old and subsequently passed the real story onto my younger cousin who was really upset/confused by the news. (I think her parents told her it was a stork or something and then when I told her the truth, she cried.)
12. One of my earliest memories is of driving to Montreal holding the forest green velvet bag containing my grandmother’s ashes in my lap.
13. When I was 15, I decided, on my next birthday, that I was going to sneak out and get a tattoo. In the midst of planning, one of my friends told my mom and instead of being horrified by this, she offered to bring me and pay for it. To this day, I have no tattoos.
14. I have had brown, red, blonde and black hair. Being a redhead was the most fun.
15. The very first video game I ever played was Duck Hunt on my friend’s original Nintendo.
16. My legs are three and a half feet long from hip to toe which makes buying pants a pain (Damn 36 inch inseam!)
17. Every formal dress I have ever had to wear, save for my wedding dress, has been blue.
18. My favourite flowers are irises and tulips.
19. Even though I have an iPod and understand how online music works, I still buy almost all of my music on CD because I have a thing about album covers and liner notes.
20. The summer I was 13, I discovered a bunch of my dad’s old albums and got really into classic rock. Thirteen years later, I still get excited anytime I hear the opening bars of Led Zeppelin’s “Ramble On.”
21. The number of people who’ve seen me naked is four times the number of people I’ve hooked up with due to some skinny dipping shenanigans in college.
22. I don’t care about brand named food except for Heinz ketchup.
23. I once saw Scott Speedman on the street in Bloor West Village but my mom scared him away by freaking out and shouting “It’s the guy from that show about the girl with the hair!”
24. I own all the classic Degrassi episodes on DVD and, in spite of her horrible pleated stretch pants, Lucy was my favourite character.
25. I have a birthmark in the shape of a small shoeprint on my leg.